I went back to simply practising and testing the collage block technique for the final 4 prints.
- Rubbing away the paint before making the print
- Using collage items with a similar height
- Using a rolling pin to emulate the pressure of a printing press
What didn’t work:
- The quality of the final prints was murky
- The images weren’t very interesting
It was the print made with pre-cut foam pieces that made the best quality print and I would be tempted to use foam sheets if I ever make a collage print again.
What I’ve learnt:
- Use a sealant with good smooth coverage
- The nicest and prettiest items don’t always make the best prints
- Testing the print with a tracing paper rubbing is a useful test of the end result
- Overprinting and layering how I make the best prints.